DIXON HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. On-line registration is now available through the parent portal. If you do not have a computer or need assistance to complete this on-line process, contact the DHS office at 815-284-7723.
2. Rockin’ on the Rock will be held on Saturday, August 4 from 6:00-11:00 p.m. at the Dixon Riverfront. The event is sponsored by Dixon Public Schools, Dixon Fire Department and Dixon Police Department. Join us for entertainment, food, games and fun for the entire family. 50/50 tickets are also available.
3. New Student/Freshman Orientation will be on Friday, August 10 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the DHS cafeteria.
4. Tools for Schools is a yearly qualifying event. If you qualify for the Free or Reduced lunch program with the State of Illinois at the time you register your children for school, you qualify for Tools for School. Please note that your children will need to be registered with Dixon Public Schools. Pick up date is Friday, August 10th from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Reagan Middle School Cafeteria. Don’t forget to bring your child(ren) with you so they get the chance to pick out their book bag. Tools for School provides book bags that have a variety of school supplies with them. The actual supplies, like pencils, paper and crayons, vary based on how much funding is available every year. If you have any questions, please call the District Office at 815-284-7722.
5. Meet the Dukes and Duchesses will be on Friday, August 17 at 5:30 p.m.
6. First day of school is Monday, August 20 and we will follow a half-day early dismissal schedule.
7. WACC students will meet in the cafeteria at the start of 3rd period on the first day of school. The first day of attendance at the career center will be Tuesday, August 21.
8. Back to School/Open House will be Monday, August 20 at 6:00 p.m.
9. 2018-2019 yearbook pictures will be taken on August 21st from 7:00am - 2:15pm during PE, Band, Health and Drivers Education classes. If you do not have one of these classes please make sure to get to the big gym on the 21st to have your picture taken. This is how you get your student ID and your picture in the yearbook. All students must have their picture taken. If you are a senior and did not get your picture taken during the summer by Grot Imaging please make sure to have your picture taken on the 21st. Please notify the photographer if you are a senior.
10. There will be counselors on hand for anyone who needs support at the start of the school year. Please reach out to any staff member if you feel you are in need of this service.