DIXON HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Monday, June 3 through Thursday, June 6 2019
Monday-Western BBQ Burger
Tuesday-Fiesta Nachos Supreme
Wednesday-Sub Sandwich and Chips
Thursday-Half Day, No Lunches Served
1) Informational Meeting: Parents of current 8th grade through Junior students are invited to attend a meeting on June 4 at 6:00 p.m. in the DHS cafeteria to learn about our 1 to 1 technology initiative.
2) Lockers: all lockers need to be vacated by 11:30 a.m. on June 6th. Any items remaining in the lockers after this time will be donated to the Leydig Center.
3) Final Exam Schedule:
Wednesday, 6-5-19 Period 1-4 Exams
7:45 – 8:20 Review Time w/Teachers
1st hour 8:25 - 9:37
2nd hour 9:44- 10:56
3rd hour 11:03-12:15
4th hour 1:00-2:12
Thursday, 6-6-19 Period 5-7
5th hour 7:45-8:57
6th hour 9:02-10:14
7th hour 10:18-11:30
4) Duchesses Tennis: any girl interested in playing on the team next fall should sign up in the athletic office. See coach Boll after school in the band room (Room 134) if you have questions.
5) Dual Enrollment Agriculture: Sauk Valley Community College will be offering AGR 142-Principles of Ornamental Horticulture at Dixon High School in the fall. The course will be Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 - 3:45 pm. This is a college level course that will have students from SVCC as well as DHS. Scholarships are available on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested, please pick up enrollment information in the counseling office.
6) Summer Eats: The United Way of Lee County is sponsoring the “Summer Eats” program which provides free meals for kids and teens. Grab and go meals will be provided free of charge to all kids and teens age 18 and under from 12:00-12:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, June 10-August 16 at DHS, RMS, Madison, Jefferson and Washington schools and the old Lincoln school (Open Sesame). For more information visit unitedwayofleecounty.org.
7) Summer Breakfast Program: there will be free breakfast offered for children 18 and under at Reagan Middle School Monday through Friday, 9:30-10:15 a.m. from June 10 through June 28.
8) WingsFest: Whiteside County Airport will host WingsFest on Saturday, June 15 from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. There will be kids activities, airplane rides, aircraft displays and much more. For more information visit whitesidecountyairport.org.
9) End of Year Dates:
Wednesday/Thursday, June 5, 6 – Final exams for freshman, sophomores and juniors at DHS
Thursday, June 6 – last day of student attendance, 11:30 dismissal
Thursday, June 6 – RMS 8th grade promotion at 6:30 p.m. in the DHS Lancaster Gym
Thursday, June 13 – report cards will be emailed out and available to view on the Parent Portal