DIXON HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Cheeseburger on a Bun
1) Chromebook Turn In: All students will need to turn in their Chromebooks before leaving for summer break. Chromebooks need to be in their protective case, with bags and any accessories and loaner equipment. Chromebooks and cases are expected to be clean and in good working order. Students will be billed for missing or damaged equipment.
Students can turn in Chromebooks and equipment to the Tech Zone if they finish school early, otherwise, Chromebook collection will take place during final exams, June 2nd thru June 4th. Once you have finished all of your final exams, please take your Chromebook and related equipment to the Tech Zone.
2) Cheerleading Tryouts: if you are interested in trying out for the 2021-2022 cheer team, please stop by the athletic office to pick up a tryout packet. Tryouts will be on June 8th, 9th, and 10th.
3) Football: Attention boys interested in playing football next year- if you have not picked up a summer calendar, stop by the athletic office to get a calendar and speak with Coach Shaner about summer workouts.
4) Parents: On Wednesday, June 2nd, there will be a meeting for students who have signed up to take an AP course, English 101/103, or English 9 Honors for the 2021/2022 school year. The meeting will be held in the DHS Auditorium at 5:00 and should not last more than an hour. If you have any questions about this, you can email Steve Hodson at email@example.com.
5) The 2021 Yearbook: will be delivered and distributed in August. The change to a fall delivery was made so that all activities, sports, and events from the year can be included. You may still purchase a yearbook at www.yearbookordercenter.com. Use school code 8554. There will be a limited number of extra yearbooks, so reserve yours today. If you have questions, contact Mrs. Bally.
6) Summer School: registration forms for summer school are now available in the main office, guidance office, and on our website under documents/guidance office. Summer school will be in person only. It runs Monday through Friday from June 8th through July 2nd. Due to required seat time, only one absence will be allowed. A second absence will result in removal from the program. The cost is $100 which will be refunded upon successful completion of the course. Please contact your guidance counselor with any questions.
7) Attention Seniors: as you wrap up your schoolwork, we need you to bring your Chromebook, charger, bag and any accessories to the Tech Zone for check in. Please bring your equipment to the Tech Zone between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. from May 26th to June 2nd (before graduation practice). Chromebooks are expected to be clean and in good working order. Cleaning supplies will be available at turn in. Students will be charged for missing and broken Chromebooks and accessories.
8) Baccalaureate: will be held on Wednesday, June 2nd at 7:00 p.m. in the Wiltz Auditorium.
9) DHS Graduation Ceremony: will take place on Sunday, June 6th at 1:00 p.m. Weather permitting, the ceremony will take place on A.C. Bowers Field. Seniors will be given tickets for their family and friends. Guests that have been fully vaccinated will be allowed to attend without a ticket (they do not count in our capacity numbers), but they will be REQUIRED to show their vaccination card to be admitted. No one will be admitted without either a ticket or a completed vaccination card.
10) Vaccine Clinic: the Lee County Health Department will hold a vaccine clinic for students ages 12-17. The vaccine clinic will be held in Dixon on June 3rd from 2:00-6:00 p.m. at the Dixon Elks Lodge, and a parent/guardian will need to be present. More information can be found at http://www.lchd.com/covid19-vaccinations/.
11) Free Summer Meals: Dixon Public Schools will offer healthy and nutritious meals for all students 18 and under during June. The meals can be picked up at RMS (on the ramp) or DHS (doors 12 & 13) on Mondays and Wednesdays starting June 7th through June 30th from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. Summer school students will receive meals at school.
12) Available Scholarships: there are still a few scholarships available. Postings can be found at https://www.dps170.org/o/dhs/browse/107250, or in the guidance office.
June 2-Graduation Practice 7:45 a.m. Lancaster Gym
June 2-Baccalaureate 7:00 p.m. DHS Wiltz Auditorium
June 2/3-Final Exams
June 4-Last Day of Student Attendance/Make-up Final Exams/Early Dismissal
June 6-DHS Graduation 1:00 p.m. A.C. Bowers Field
June 8-Summer School Begins