K-5 UPDATED RETURN TO LEARN
During the special board meeting on 9/30/20 the Board of Education, after consideration of feedback from all constituents, voted on and approved a change in the return to learn plans for K – 5 students. This change will take place on October 13, 2020.
The Board of Education discussed the following ideas that will be a part of the updated Return to Learn plans if you elect to be on-site.
- K-5 students will be in attendance 4 days per week – Monday through Thursday.
- Friday will remain a remote day for all students.
- School hours will remain 7:45 a.m. until 1 p.m., Monday through Thursday, to allow for teachers to connect with their remote learner.
- We will make every effort to keep students with their current teacher, but there may be instances that students will have to be moved to another teacher.
- The 2-day option (Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday) will no longer be available. Families would have to choose to be either remote or on-site 4 attendance days plus 1 remote day.
- The Board will vote on the completed plans on October 7, 2020 with implementation of the plan taking place on October 13, 2020.
If parents already know the option (4 days a week or remote only) they want to choose prior to the plan being presented on Wednesday, October 7th, please go to our website, www.dps170.org. On the front page will be links for each elementary school’s Change to Learning forms. You need to fill out a form only if you are changing your student’s learning plan. A form needs to be filled out for each student who’s making a change. If your student is currently on-site for 2 days a week and will be coming four days, you do not need to complete a form. If your student is currently remote only and continuing remote only you will not need to compete a form. If you are moving from remote only to on-site instruction, and are eligible for bus transportation, please complete the online bus transportation form and turn it into your child’s school.
If you are not ready to decide how you’re going to proceed, these links will be available until 4 p.m. on Friday, October 9, 2020.
Please contact your building principal with specific questions.